If you/your child are interested in taking part in the FORT Study, just follow these three steps:
- Check the criteria. You/your child may be able to join if you:
- Are 6 to 65 years old
- Have been diagnosed with PKAN
- Do not need a ventilator
- Have not had a deep brain stimulation device implanted within 6 months
- Have not taken deferiprone for 30 days
There are other criteria to meet, which will be discussed with you.
- Take the pre-qualification screener or call our study team at 1-844 363 1866.
- If you/your child pre-qualify for the FORT Study, you/your child will be referred to the nearest study clinic
- Visit the study clinic, where the study team will:
- Discuss the study in more detail and explain what participation would mean for you/your child
- Talk through the potential benefits and risks of being involved in the study
- Ask questions and carry out medical tests to determine whether you/your child are right for the study, and the study is right for you/your child
If you/your child are eligible to participate, all study-related treatment and care will be provided without charge. If you/your child decide to participate, you/your child may withdraw from the study at any time without giving a reason.